5 Pain Management Questions You’re Asking Google
Pushing through pain is normal for so many people these days, but oftentimes managing or relieving pain takes less time than you think. Most people go to Google* first when they need answers, so we used Google too, to find out the most common pain management questions you’re asking online.
Here, we answer those questions and give you some easy options for pain relief.
1. How can I get rid of a headache fast?
Headaches can be caused by so many things—lack of certain nutrients, not enough water intake, caffeine withdrawal, sinus congestion or infection, to name just some. Sometimes getting rid of a headache can be easy, especially if you know what’s causing it.
- Drink more water if you think you are dehydrated.
- Put a warm cloth or heating pad on your neck if you have a tension headache.
- Try placing a cold compress or ice pack on your forehead to relieve sharp pain.
- Dim the lights or take a break from looking at your computer or phone screen.
Keep stick packs of BC® Original at your desk, in your locker or in your purse or briefcase so you have an option for fast and easy headache relief when stubborn pain won’t go away.
2. How do I relieve back pain?
Back pain can be serious, but if you know yours is not caused by a serious medical problem or injury, you can take these simple steps to relieve pain, even if you don’t have time to rest.
- Take a break from sitting or standing in the same position for too long.
- Exercise—walk around the block or the office to get your blood flowing.
- Watch your posture. Proper posture when sitting, standing and lifting can prevent and relieve pain.
- Use a heating pad on your back as directed.
- Use BC® Original or BC® Cherry to make sure you get the relief you need.
3. What causes back pain?
Many things can cause back pain. Here are some everyday actions that can cause back pain, especially in your lower back:
- Repeated heavy lifting or poor form when lifting
- Conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, bulging disc or spinal stenosis
- Sitting or standing in one position for too long
- Being overweight
4. What is a good over-the-counter medicine for arthritis?
BC® Arthritis is formulated to help relieve minor arthritis pain. Families have been relying on BC® Powder for generations to relieve minor pain from arthritis and other conditions. It contains 1000 mg of aspirin plus 65 mg of caffeine. Aspirin is an NSAID—a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. And caffeine helps with pain relief too.
5. How do I decrease joint pain during workouts?
Wearing proper fitting, comfortable footwear appropriate for the exercise you’re doing is important to help decrease joint pain. For example, your old cross-trainers should not be used for a 5k run. Choose sneakers made for running instead. Some other tips include:
- Warm up properly before beginning your desired exercise.
- Choose swimming, biking or other low-impact activities over high-impact exercise like running.
- Don’t overdo your workout, especially if you’re just starting a new exercise routine.
- Strengthen the muscles around your joint with supervision from a trained professional.
Anytime you need relief from minor head, back or body pain, BC® Powder has you covered—at home or on the go, with our convenient sealed stick packs. Just be sure to consult a doctor for any condition that needs medical attention.
*Google is a registered trademark of Google Inc.