Adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- Place one (1) powder on tongue every six (6) hours, while symptoms persist.
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose, or you may stir powder into a glass of water or other liquid.
- Do not take more than four (4) powders in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years of age: Ask a doctor.
- Each powder contains: potassium 1000mg
- Store below 25°C (77°F)
For more information on how to take, visit our About BC® Powder page.
Ingredient (per powder)
Aspirin (NSAID*) 1000mg
Pain reliever aid
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chickenpox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- Facial swelling
- Asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning:
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood-thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You are taking a diuretic
- You have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for:
- Anticoagulation (blood thinning)
Caffeine warning: When using this product, limit the use of caffeine-containing drugs, foods, or drinks, because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and occasionally, rapid heartbeat. The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- An allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- Ringing in ears or loss of hearing occurs
- Any new symptoms occur
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than three (3) days
- Redness or swelling is present
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
Each of these could be a sign of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last three (3) months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Comments, Questions or Concerns ?
Call toll-free 1-866-255-5197 (English/Spanish) weekdays.